Saturday, March 7, 2009

Holey Moley!

I accidently threw in one of Keimi's t shirts in with the normal cycle clothing and look what happened.. a holey moley=( It's pretty small however, once she puts on the shirt, her skin peaks through the hole making the hole VERY obvious, well to me anyways. So I took a couple of seconds to debate whether or not just throwing the shirt away. On one hand she had only worn it 1x and had it less than a week on the otherhand, I bought it at Target after Valentines Day so it was on sale for about $3.00 ( i know, i know just toss the thing already! )
But the thrift junkie in me had to salvage something. I thought about using the birds on the shirt for patterns or making a cute applique on something.

Then my mom stopped by, just happened to peak into my craft room and got a real good look at my daughters holed up t shirt. Then without hesitation said to me "I told you how many times stop buying clothes from target! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! You should only be buying clothes at Macys and Sears Now look, there are holes everywhere!" LOL I kept my mouth shut theres no sense in arguing with your mom! Thus inspired my motivation out came every little embellishment I had. I called in my little one and let her decide where the embellies went 15 minutes, some cute buttons, and a crocheted flower later a new shirt was born. A little much? maybe.. but she loves it. I think we'll take a trip to grandma's later :0)


Do something fun with your washer mishap clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment